Solstice is ready to accept pitches! Post here to get access:
https://osoaa.org/index.php/topic,22.0.html

Author Topic: Ceremonial Magic 102  (Read 2148 times)

koba

Re: Ceremonial Magic 102
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2019, 12:23:49 AM »
I don't know if it'd be appropriate to ask this here, but I hope I'm asking in the right stop.
I've been wondering how I'd work on my astral vision. I've tried astral projection many times, but haven't been successful. So far I feel like my astral vision wouldn't be good enough to jump into any invocation without missing many key details.

pantare

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2019, 12:58:42 AM »
Koba, my vision sucks but I can project into paths and invoke successfully. My invocations of spirits like Michael have generally been very nonvisual, usually just writing queries, and receiving answers.

I've also noticed that with work, my vision has been improving. So I'd say that you should go for it, and your vision will improve with practice.

koba

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2019, 01:18:44 AM »
Koba, my vision sucks but I can project into paths and invoke successfully. My invocations of spirits like Michael have generally been very nonvisual, usually just writing queries, and receiving answers.

I've also noticed that with work, my vision has been improving. So I'd say that you should go for it, and your vision will improve with practice.
Do you know how I'd be hearing the entities? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I want to make sure I understand it completely.

pantare

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2019, 03:55:41 AM »
I don't hear it as a sound. I ask the question and the answer is in my head. Sometimes I try to think of another answer, but the entity's answer flashes back. Other people might hear it, or see them. But that's how it comes to me.

koba

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2019, 02:46:27 PM »
I don't hear it as a sound. I ask the question and the answer is in my head. Sometimes I try to think of another answer, but the entity's answer flashes back. Other people might hear it, or see them. But that's how it comes to me.
Our experiences seem to be very similar then,. Thanks for awnsering my question!

Asselin

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2019, 12:09:06 PM »
How do you make sure you're on to something if you don't see or hear anything but feel like something's going on?

Nubti

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2019, 06:02:18 PM »
Look for clues in your environment. Usually the weirdness spreads quite quickly.

Satyr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2019, 01:49:36 PM »
I don't know if it'd be appropriate to ask this here, but I hope I'm asking in the right stop.
I've been wondering how I'd work on my astral vision. I've tried astral projection many times, but haven't been successful. So far I feel like my astral vision wouldn't be good enough to jump into any invocation without missing many key details.

It takes practice. There's a cheesy book by Ophiel called, The Art and Practice of Astral Projection. It's not written for a sophisticated audience, but includes three methods to try.

I found banishing astrally before going to sleep to be an effective developmental exercise.

Lumi

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2019, 06:25:23 PM »

You need to be able to both hear and see it. Like you said, not physically, that is just psychosis, but one without the other is not good.
It is like checks and balances. Like two examples, how can you be sure that the voice you are hearing isn't just an internal dialogue. Like you could be describing different aspects of yourself making themselves known to your consciousness. Without vision the source alludes you, the nature of what you are dealing with alludes you. Without hearing it is just an overwhelming and undifferentiable force threatening to consume or break you. You can see that this gestalten entity has the capacity for good and evil but you can't differentiate between the two on an individual basis.

Satyr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2019, 10:12:27 PM »
It is like checks and balances. Like two examples, how can you be sure that the voice you are hearing isn't just an internal dialogue.

Any meaningful content should be verifiable. In the end, content is all that matters. How many senses are involved is rather irrelevant.