Arcanum Adytum is up - looking for contributors!
http://ArcanumAdytum.org

Author Topic: Ceremonial Magic 201 - Introduction to Enochian  (Read 1884 times)

Lumi

Re: Ceremonial Magic 201 - Introduction to Enochian
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2019, 05:55:39 PM »

There is some overlap, but the elemental realm is not the same space (or plain or realm) as, for example, the supernals.

It is the overlap being dissected.

Numerology?

Yes, if numbers and their usage can convey meaning then each individual number is an element.

How can you claim expertise and not know that the Great Table is literally composed of the names of elementals?

I didn't claim expertise, but I might as well have because you just threw an incorrect tautology at me like it wouldn't be equally as almost true if I stated " The Winnie the Pooh book series in its conceptual totality is literally composed of the names of elementals." Elementals are formless/nameless but have substantive content. You combine them to get names. You then collect those names into a table/book which communicates the interplay of the names of elementals. You then generalize those into a "great table" which is to say you end up with a generalization approaching the supernal. Supernals have form/name but no real differentiated content of their own. Even the name Great table tells you very little about what it is. Great table is literally just a way of saying collection of tables as if they were a single entity and not just correspondences loosely held together by generalization.  Which is why the great table immediately gets split up into 4 differentiated parts(watchtowers) and connected by the black cross(a representation of what was being approximated through generalization to connect them).

If you hadn't said literally you would have been correct though. It is really composed of tables that include names which are composed of elements.

Except for the Black Cross, of course.

I am not familiar with what the black cross is at all btw. I don't need to be. This is basic shit you could learn from Plato. Like explain to me how this is any different from the platonic liminal model where the character, what is being generalize in the "great" epithet, of the gods is expressed through the collection of individual letters into meaningful parts that when combined describe the character of the otherworldly being.

I am hoping this is some sort of weird test to see if I actually knew and wasn't being vague because if you guys are really writing pages and pages on something you don't even fundamentally understand you need to fix that. 

Satyr

• Global Moderator
Re: Ceremonial Magic 201 - Introduction to Enochian
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2019, 10:24:26 PM »
It is the overlap being dissected.

No.

Yes, if numbers and their usage can convey meaning then each individual number is an element.

No.

I didn't claim expertise, but I might as well have...

You do not understand the topic under discussion, so no. It would have been better to ask for clarification or remain silent.

I am not familiar with what the black cross is at all btw. I don't need to be.

Yes, you really do.

if you guys are really writing pages and pages on something you don't even fundamentally understand you need to fix that.

Irony is dead.