Solstice is ready to accept pitches! Post here to get access:
https://osoaa.org/index.php/topic,22.0.html

Author Topic: Hawk and Jackal system from Ebony Anpu - Frater 137  (Read 4967 times)

Satyr

• Global Moderator
Re: Hawk and Jackal system from Ebony Anpu - Frater 137
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2019, 01:21:04 AM »
I wouldn't label any iteration of Choronzon, Certainly not Grant's conception of this archetypal motif, as "bad" since that would be falling into dichotomic subjective and ontological perceptions of morals.

Crowley wondered whether the misstep that prevents one from crossing might come early in the aspirant's career.

I think he was naive, to be honest. People will literally volunteer and encourage others to join them.

MNA

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2020, 12:55:27 PM »
Frater I.S.I: I believe there is a connection to Da'ath being the core of the Cube and by extension the core of the Tesseract via its correspondence with Tav, Saturn, The Universe, Death in various systems such as Sefer Yetzirah...

In the Sefer Yetzirah, and the conception of letters as the cube of space, Tav within the double letters is the inner core of the seven directional sides and of the cube as you know. That was implicitly executed in the methodology of the tesseract in H&J, insofar as it is the final letter uttered rendering the tesseract in vision. The fact that it is at the core and that by that methodology, it is the utterance which permit the quantum jump, or rather the destruction and death of Universe A, could possibly demonstrate how theoretically or practically Da'ath can be the portal. That is, of course, true insofar as we can correspond Da'ath to Saturn. I think it can be corresponded if we take into account that Da'ath is the child of Chokmah+Binah making it the black sun, also that Da'ath is the womb of Binah

I also think that considering Da'ath to be a bridge of the Abyss, it can easily fit as a gateway or an actualization of the veil which is passed through a rite of passage. Which if we analyze the crossing as a Katabasis like we see in a multitude of other mythologies (Ishtar's descent, Odysseus's katabasis, Osiris' katabasis, Dionysus' katabasis, Christ's descent and resurrection, Hermes's rescuing of Persephone, Jonah and the belly of the whale etc)  that is, corresponding to a descent in the feminine matrix to be reborn as a conquering knight, then we can make the case that Da'ath is that specific matrix through which the magician undergo that death and rebirth mythological journey.

This is on the right track, imo, and from what I've gleaned from working with the tesseract as a vehicle for K&C/reintegration. I view Samekh as the core of the Tesseract as it is built, but the actual "jump" is the moment in which the separation of Da'at is - at least potentially - transformed into rectified Gnosis as Samekh becomes the new Tau (using this in the sense of both "the universe" and its meaning as an initiatory title). For me, the operation overall is an internal process, though in transforming yourself, you may change a lot more. This is, however, based in approaching  Da'at's "Knowledge" as the realization of Truth through the process of the "reintegration of being into the original estates, virtues, and powers" - in other words, if it's just done as mental exercise, you may get some interesting pictures in your head, but not a lot else.  Da'at as Saturn does work for me, in the sense of it forcing unlimited Time (or Aion) into limited cyclic time (Kronus).

In my experience, the main practical "point" of the Tesseract - as Ebony and the H&J covens I knew used it, at least - was to give the operator a very tangible experience of their unlimited being by breaking the attachment to "the world as one knows it" and the "I" of the present temporal incarnation through inviting change/Chaos in the form of the new universe.  At least in its intended practice, the "joyriding" of new universes was done with the intention that each new experience discloses a universe more in harmony with one's True Will as you surrender to the embrace of Nuit.  It follows with Crowley's exhortations to "die daily", etc.  (And I'm not necessarily advocating that view one way or another - just stating that is how I was introduced to it.)  And thus, the danger - you're fracturing what one considers "reality,and " if you aren't in the shape to juggle what comes with that, it can become a broken mess.

[Bertiaux & boxing aethyrs - I'm afraid y'all are on your own with that, but I am game for a discussion of H&J work.]

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 01:36:56 PM by MNA »

Satyr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2020, 04:28:56 PM »

This is on the right track, imo, and from what I've gleaned from working with the tesseract as a vehicle for K&C/reintegration.

No, it really isn't the right track at all.

ISI/98/Thoth is a black brother and a bullshitter. He claims to have crossed the abyss, when he obviously has not. He claims that Da'ath, the false sephirah, is a bridge across the abyss, which is absurd.

By definition, there is no path across the abyss. The only way across is through the renunciation of all you have and all that you are. There is no other way and anyone claiming otherwise is lying or deluded.

Saturn cannot be reasonably correlated with Da'ath. Knowledge (Da'ath) is not understanding (Binah). This is literally saying that the abyss is the goal of crossing, and not Binah.

Furthermore, there is no theoretical basis for thinking the Tesseract might be a vehicle for K&C.

People like ISI cannot imagine giving up all their clever ideas, let alone themselves. Rather than face the loss of all they are, and all they hold dear, they seek to substitute something less painful for actual attainment. They deceive themselves to preserve themselves, and in the case of ISI attempt to justify their stupidity by convincing others to follow them into the abyss.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 10:04:03 PM by Satyr »