Solstice is ready to accept pitches! Post here to get access:
https://osoaa.org/index.php/topic,22.0.html

Author Topic: Student Curriculum  (Read 3870 times)

Satyr

• Global Moderator
Re: Student Curriculum
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 03:50:55 PM »
Do I interpret what you've said in the past correctly when I state that RE: Enochian, there are many ways to flesh out the skeleton with which we were provided?  That is how I interpreted parts of our previous discussions; that is what my limited experiences thereafter seem to indicate.

Yes, that is what the spirits explicitly stated, something like you have the branch, but it still needs leaves.

I am still mulling over how much Enochian to drag into a Ceremonial Magic 101 thread. I suspect I won't be able to resist.

Satyr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 03:57:04 PM »
So I'm not sure that we're meant to flesh it out -- rather, it seems that they adjust their communications to be intelligible to us, something that doesn't appear to have happened in Dee's case

Ah, but they did. For example, it's clear that the spirits, Kelly, and Dee were all familiar with Agrippa, and most probably Juratus.

Crayola.880

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 04:14:40 PM »
how much Enochian to drag into a Ceremonial Magic 101 thread.

Even the Opening by watchtower is still in my future, but I'm interested in learning more about Enochian.  I plan on tackling agrippa shortly on my way there.

SeLaH

• Solstice Contributor
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2019, 07:32:00 PM »
You will find, if you spend enough time with the source material and asking questions, that there are much more practical ways to set up WT's than the elaborate ritual (requiring extensive implements) that Regardie provides.  I might even post my new and improved, well-tested WT ritual if there is enough interest.  In the last iteration of this forum I posted a pared-down version of the G.'.D.'. methods, but I've been trying to get away from that; the Golden Dawn had a very idiosyncratic interpretation of Enochian.

pantare

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2019, 09:54:36 PM »
SeLaH, you should post it. Do you mean using Dee's prayer to set up the banners? Or just skipping the oration and circumbabulations? The pentagrams seem indispensable to get the magic flowing.

EmileJeany

Student Curriculum
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2019, 01:01:40 PM »
I guess I am also an inconsistent student, but it has more to do with the effort I put in rather than the subject.  Though it is nice to know I will do well on an assignment or test if I put the work in, it would be nice to have that one course where I could do well regardless.

In high school I did better in classes that were business related, but that does not help much now that I am taking business in university.  I got back my 90 economics midterm yesterday so I am happy for now.

SeLaH

• Solstice Contributor
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 10:44:29 PM »
Pantare, I mean something along the lines of what Satyr has been posting.  Setting up the banners via Fundamental Obesance (w/ rearranged Banner Names according to the GD Air-East Fire-South Water-West Earth-North, and nixing the Hebrew in favor of exclusively using the names of the Enochian Hierarchy.  Also adding the elemental keys.  I use the Pents but they're not strictly necessary; I think the intent can be encoded in other ways.  But the pents are a well-established and time-honored method so I stick with them for the time being.  Also a few other little tweaks here and there, mostly suggested or inspired by conversations with Satyr.  It should be going in the first issue of the Solstice and will probably appear on this forum before that, so you'll see it.  It's nothing spectacular or groundbreaking; just a method that relies on mining the source material a lot more than the GD did.

Nubti

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2019, 03:59:11 AM »
Not sure if this qualifies as student material, but it is good reference - I've been using it regularly to loop up factoids about things which come up in visions, with some interesting connections.

Gerald Massey's, "Ancient Egypt: Light of the World"

https://archive.org/details/AncientEgyptTheLightOfTheWorldvolume1/

https://archive.org/details/AncientEgyptTheLightOfTheWorldvolume2/

Frater I

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2019, 05:55:49 PM »
Is anyone else working through the A∴A∴ student reading list at the moment? I've read a few of them previously but figured I might as well try and read through them all in order in the 3 months it recommends. Also does anyone have any recommendations as to a path after that stage? I have a view toward self initiating but I'm still figuring out what that may entail.

Satyr is right on the money with his reply.  The Probationer stage is about getting your sea legs and most importantly keeping a journal.  Once you're comfortable with your record keeping (ideally get 9-12 months with few gaps) use Liber Pyramidos and take your Neophyte Oath.  From that point on Liber 185 is more or less explicit about how to proceed.