Solstice is ready to accept pitches! Post here to get access:
https://osoaa.org/index.php/topic,22.0.html

Author Topic: Introduction to OSOA∴A∴  (Read 1698 times)

Shaula

Re: Introduction to OSOA∴A∴
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2019, 07:12:01 AM »
Oh, definitely. However again, I was speaking of the actual, hierarchical structure called A.'.A.'., as distinct from the supernal element. Please do not misunderstand -- the A.'.A.'. as it exists right now is little more than a political tool for those who yell the loudest. That's what I was addressing.

The A.'.A.'. as a vehicle for providence (or divine will, if that's more accurate) is an entirely different beast.

Satyr if you could direct an aspirant to any publicly known lineage in the current year which one would you pick?

Satyr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2019, 04:25:36 PM »
Satyr if you could direct an aspirant to any publicly known lineage in the current year which one would you pick?

What an evil question.

My own, if you might call it that. It's the only plausible claimant to Crowley's A∴A∴ known to me. The frater who officially introduced me has not crossed and may not this incarnation. My de facto superior, however, has done so. He's also something of an asshole, albeit a somewhat lovable asshole. If anyone wished to go that official route, I should introduce them, though with caution.

Officially, I was cut loose, given a copy of CLXXXV and wished lots of luck. By a rather tortuous route, and nearly 30 years later, here I am and here we are.

And that is perhaps where all this might be headed. My connection to Crowley's A∴A∴ is a bit irregular, but at least as solid as anyone else's, arguably more so. Yet what I bring as personal example is that you can make it on your own, and don't need an active superior.

So, in a strange sort of way, working through a study group like this seems a productive means of exploiting whatever virtue my connection to A∴A∴ might have.

saltonaslug

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2019, 04:58:23 PM »
As a newcomer to the study of Crowley and the practice of Magick, I don't think it's my place to criticize too heavily here what goes on in the A∴A∴. But I would like to say that it is exceptionally difficult to even get a foothold on this stuff in the least bit with the way the current order is set up. I can completely understand how this would prevent any random person from applying, but it also makes getting involved or receiving any real advice particularly difficult if you are not located near a temple (which I've heard may not be worth your time anyway).

The only thing I can agree with in this thread so far wholeheartedly is that 2015 is far, far different than 1909, and major changes have to be made if this system is to remain effective.

Satyr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 03:43:22 PM »
But I would like to say that it is exceptionally difficult to even get a foothold on this stuff in the least bit with the way the current order is set up. I can completely understand how this would prevent any random person from applying, but it also makes getting involved or receiving any real advice particularly difficult if you are not located near a temple (which I've heard may not be worth your time anyway).

Hopefully, that's why we're here.

I should like to have a virtual space here like the physical spaces I had when first practicing, a place where folks can pose questions or make observations and maybe spark useful discussion. That, combined with my personal reading and practice, is how I learned.