Arcanum Adytum is up - looking for contributors!
http://ArcanumAdytum.org

Author Topic: Liber 165 - A Master of the Temple  (Read 1948 times)

Nubti

• Administrator
Liber 165 - A Master of the Temple
« on: July 23, 2019, 12:48:38 PM »
So I've been reading this today.

https://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib165

It's uncanny how a lot of my own experiences align with the text, though in a different light. I tended to keep meticulous records, with no more than a month total missing, at least during my probation.

I didn't have "breakthrough" experiences like this that I can readily recall - it was a grind, a constant struggle against my cerebral nature, ever questioning what I was being fed, and consistently struggling between 'going with the flow', and trying to guide my own life towards higher transparency and simplicity.

It is interesting to note that V.I.O.'s journey from probation to Neophyte took from Dec 24th 1909 to Feb 26th 1913. That's a long, long time.

Thoughts? Opinions?

What's your experience been during probation?

Satyr

• Global Moderator
Re: Liber 165 - A Master of the Temple
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 01:59:32 PM »
What's your experience been during probation?
Mine was quiet and uneventful. Memorized my chapter and updated my journal at least once every 24 hours. Otherwise, went about my business as usual.

Rather proforma, to be honest.

Nubti

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 02:55:06 PM »
Ha. That's something I've noticed, and I can't pin it down - some people have an easy time, others struggle like a fly in hot tar.

Frater I

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 08:46:11 PM »
mine was a lot of fun.  tried lots of different stuff.  my chapter meant a lot to me.  moved across the country and did lots of outdoor magick/yoga, hiking, camping, etc.. was in very good physical shape started focusing more on my art than my professional career at the time.  my journal is very thorough with few gaps.  it felt like test-driving a bunch of different cars.