Arcanum Adytum is up - looking for contributors!
http://ArcanumAdytum.org

Author Topic: 156  (Read 85 times)

Satyr

• Global Moderator
« on: September 10, 2019, 11:39:26 PM »
Speaking of KAOS, there doesn't seem to be very much written on the subject. Even the 156 current, at least as far as I can find. Of course I've read KAOS 14, but if that really explains the system, I wasn't able to get it. All I really know is that it's related to Babalon, sex magic, somehow enochian, and chaos as KAOS.

Yes, all of that.

156 is the reality behind 93. The 93 current was a lot of things, but most of all it was about Aleister Crowley, THE Beast, THE Prophet, THE Logos of the NEW (and IMPROVED) Æon!!!::'!! And His Angel and His Religion and His Scarlet Women (bless their hearts) and so on. It was about Thelema, but discovering your Will was ultimately learning your part in the NEW (and IMPROVED) Æon.

That was great for attracting world-wide attention, more-or-less, but "What It Is We Do" is not really about The Master Therion. He was a guy in a clown suit carrying a sign and marching up and down the sidewalk attracting customers to the real show inside. Any legitimate school of magic is informed by the Third Order and that serves Babalon. And Her only Lord is Chaos, the tendency of existence to engender all things.

In practical terms, 156 means Crowley does not matter. Do not look at the clown, or even the books he is holding. Look at where he is pointing.

His yoga sucked. We have better now.

His religion was kinda fake. What need have those who master their life for another man's god?

His Yijing was not good. We have better now.

His Enochian was rudimentary. We have better now.

You get the idea. And it is distributed across the world, not bound to any one man or woman. 156 is magic and mysticism after The Beast.

Surgo

• Babe of the Abyss
  • Administrator
Re: 156
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 11:55:52 PM »
I think the most important part of the message, which I don't think you've stressed enough, is that everyone has to find their own calling; Crowley's was 93, yours is 156, another one's may be different. It also feels like this is one of those "Mastery" things - founding a new school of thought, a current.

???
Please treat any magic/ esoteric/ occult claims I make as doubtful, if not straight up lies.

Satyr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 02:44:20 PM »
I think the most important part of the message, which I don't think you've stressed enough, is that everyone has to find their own calling;

I think this is true. Others have blazed useful trails for us, but ultimately we tread our own idiosyncratic path. And we walk it alone. Almost.

Crowley's was 93, yours is 156, another one's may be different.

Currents, by definition, are functionally impersonal. Anyone can tap into a living current.

156 is no more mine than Chokmah is mine. The motivation for publishing KAOS 14 was Joel's realization that the sorts of ideas and experiences he was having in the late 80s were not localized - including his decision to walk away, make a clean break from the madness.

It also feels like this is one of those "Mastery" things - founding a new school of thought, a current.

???

I do not equate currents with schools of thought. A current is not something you create. It is not something founded; it's something found. Discovered, you might say. Crowley did not invent the idea of Thelema, for example, by any stretch of the imagination.

I and David Jones did not intend to break away from the OTO, renounce Thelema, and live our lives according to the fall of three coins. But that is what happened. And we seem to have come to Her as a result.

pantare

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 07:44:59 PM »
Loosely translated from the cover of KAOS 14:

BAGLEN PII TIANTA ABABAL OND TD FAORGT TELECVOVIM
For the bed of an Harlot is the dwelling place of the death-dragon

Frater I

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 06:44:21 PM »

156 is the reality behind 93

You get the idea. And it is distributed across the world, not bound to any one man or woman. 156 is magic and mysticism after The Beast.

i don't know whether i agree with that 100%...a lot of his work points, like you said, directly to 156, but are you saying it is the PRODUCT of the 93 current, or the current BEHIND it?  those feel like two different things to me.

93 93/93
I

Satyr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 08:30:30 PM »
are you saying it is the PRODUCT of the 93 current, or the current BEHIND it?  those feel like two different things to me.

Current behind it. Crowley served the Third Order. Without the functioning initiation structures that he left in place, the individual is going to have to find their own way across the abyss.

Frater I

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 09:03:59 PM »

Current behind it. Crowley served the Third Order. Without the functioning initiation structures that he left in place, the individual is going to have to find their own way across the abyss.

so you would advise anyone that really wants to attain to ignore all of the old A . ' . A . ' . material, since "Crowley does not matter"?  or do you feel like the old oaths and tasks still make sense today?

93 93/93
I

Satyr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 09:25:39 PM »
so you would advise anyone that really wants to attain to ignore all of the old A . ' . A . ' . material, since "Crowley does not matter"?

Some of it, yes. There are better instructions on the websites of numerous zendos than anything in the A∴A∴ curriculum. There is no reason to keep up such pretenses, except maybe nostalgia.