Arcanum Adytum is up - looking for contributors!
http://ArcanumAdytum.org

Author Topic: Ceremonial Magic 201 - Introduction to Enochian  (Read 7270 times)

Lumi

Re: Ceremonial Magic 201 - Introduction to Enochian
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2019, 05:55:39 PM »

There is some overlap, but the elemental realm is not the same space (or plain or realm) as, for example, the supernals.

It is the overlap being dissected.

Numerology?

Yes, if numbers and their usage can convey meaning then each individual number is an element.

How can you claim expertise and not know that the Great Table is literally composed of the names of elementals?

I didn't claim expertise, but I might as well have because you just threw an incorrect tautology at me like it wouldn't be equally as almost true if I stated " The Winnie the Pooh book series in its conceptual totality is literally composed of the names of elementals." Elementals are formless/nameless but have substantive content. You combine them to get names. You then collect those names into a table/book which communicates the interplay of the names of elementals. You then generalize those into a "great table" which is to say you end up with a generalization approaching the supernal. Supernals have form/name but no real differentiated content of their own. Even the name Great table tells you very little about what it is. Great table is literally just a way of saying collection of tables as if they were a single entity and not just correspondences loosely held together by generalization.  Which is why the great table immediately gets split up into 4 differentiated parts(watchtowers) and connected by the black cross(a representation of what was being approximated through generalization to connect them).

If you hadn't said literally you would have been correct though. It is really composed of tables that include names which are composed of elements.

Except for the Black Cross, of course.

I am not familiar with what the black cross is at all btw. I don't need to be. This is basic shit you could learn from Plato. Like explain to me how this is any different from the platonic liminal model where the character, what is being generalize in the "great" epithet, of the gods is expressed through the collection of individual letters into meaningful parts that when combined describe the character of the otherworldly being.

I am hoping this is some sort of weird test to see if I actually knew and wasn't being vague because if you guys are really writing pages and pages on something you don't even fundamentally understand you need to fix that. 

Satyr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2019, 10:24:26 PM »
It is the overlap being dissected.

No.

Yes, if numbers and their usage can convey meaning then each individual number is an element.

No.

I didn't claim expertise, but I might as well have...

You do not understand the topic under discussion, so no. It would have been better to ask for clarification or remain silent.

I am not familiar with what the black cross is at all btw. I don't need to be.

Yes, you really do.

if you guys are really writing pages and pages on something you don't even fundamentally understand you need to fix that.

Irony is dead.

pantare

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2019, 09:30:26 PM »
So I've finally gone through the seniors. I began with the southern, moving quickly onto east and trying the west but being interrupted. This broke my momentum and lead to some time of not doing much magic, except a pathworking which illucidated where my attention should turn.

As for the seniors, Some grandmotherly chastising from them at first, which I did my best to follow. In the month and a half I went through personal changes and decisions which are for the best. And in the past week I finally did the western, northern, and southern (again) seniors, completing the cycle.

The week peaked with an enochian quasi Samekh. Starting with the GD Divine White Brilliance which is a sort of 5°=6 opening, 1st key, 2°=9, 3°=8, 1°=10, 4°=7, and each key from 3-6 after the respective opening, and ending on a repeated 5°=6 and 1st key. By the end my space was filled with a pretty immense pressure, and having all the keys going at once with the performances in each quarter for the first time was really something.

Moving on, and why I'm posting is that I was directed towards Auriel, and I'm wondering about how best to leverage enochian to invoke him. My previous work "introduced" me to Raphael and Michael, and I expect I'll come across Gabriel too, it seems to fit that I'd engage with the quarterly archangels in turn as I learn elemental work.

With the seniors I was considering how the archangel and the watchtower relate, and for Auriel if it's possible, or makes sense to "construct" him out of the northern tablet. If I had to manifest him right now, I'd just construct the watchtower, maybe evoke the king, create or find a sigil for Auriel and see what happens. But I'm asking here if there's a better way or something I might be missing in the material.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 09:32:46 PM by pantare »

Nubti

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2019, 11:07:33 PM »
Nice. Really cool stuff.

What are you planning to do next?

pantare

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2019, 11:18:51 PM »
Thanks Surgo. Now I'm looking at Auriel. I did a pathwork of Ayin plus some discussion with the seniors that really interested me in the relationship between Saturn and earth.

Working with Michael, as per my request of him, has helped me overcome a lot of fear. The tradeoff is that I've been ballsier, but not always wisely so. So with the seniors, Ayin, and /omg/, I established that discipline through Saturn might benefit me. I'm (generally) free of fear but now need to lean the opposite way and constrain myself with discipline.

I thought planetary magic, but the ties between Saturn and earth suggested I might find that through Auriel and the northern watchtower, which itself continues the elemental practice I've been on.

What I'd like to do is use the watchtower king as a sort of "heart" and perhaps even seniors as a "skeleton" to build a structure through which the archangel can be manifested. Problem is I'm not sure if there's a precedent for this approach, or if it'll actually benefit me.

Despite that, something I found interesting was how distinct the seniors appeared compared to my past non-enochian evocation; seeing and feeling them intensely before me as pillars of burning light jutting out in six directions. So my goal is to manifest an archangel with a similar intensity, which is why I would like to use enochian as a framework for it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 11:27:00 PM by pantare »

pantare

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2019, 04:48:39 AM »
Contact made.

pantare

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2019, 05:22:17 AM »
It's odd that Aur-I-Al the Light of God appears in northern darkness while the sun is occulted in the underworld. Regardie names the north-east as the "void place of spirit" (Israel Regardie, Opening by Watchtower), so while the corporeal sun is hidden, the invisible light of spirit may be perceived.

He crushed me in his palm and I became him. In crushing my Self the ego-sun was temporarily absent and I absorbed into a vast darkness. Other-wise I am told to Keep Silent. That is, to find him again in (the sign of) Silence.

pantare

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2019, 05:38:45 AM »
Not an overly talkative fella. Made me go to him, too. During the rite it suddenly occurred to me to astral project through the northern watchtower so I jettisoned out of my body and into the watchtower using the sign of the Enterer.

The experience fits themes I've been exploring over the last week like the invisible sun and otherness. Coincidental that it's occurring during the yearly nadir.

Nubti

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2019, 06:21:48 AM »
Sounds like you're making good progress.

pantare

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2019, 05:07:30 AM »
How do we maintain balance while working a specific quarter? Like if I'm reading the 5th key for northern work, I feel like I'm tilting excessively into that energy. The only solution I can really think of is reading every other key (of 2-6) after so as not to get stuck in one.

paragate

• פּאראסאמגאטה
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2019, 11:36:21 PM »
You could do a full Watchtower ceremony after.

pantare

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2019, 02:41:50 AM »
Yeah, that may be the best solution.

S R

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2020, 09:15:42 PM »
Thank you for this, Satyr. This is a lot already.
Yet I want ask, with some eagerness but no rush, if you're going to also talk of the thirty aethyrs? Helpful as bits you've said have been, I've been wanting to hear more from you on the subject for a long time.

pantare

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2020, 02:37:31 AM »
At a brother's request, here's my invocation of PARAOAN.

Every letter in PARAOAN is a living fire: but all of one quality and of one creation. But unto N is delivered a viol of destruction.
-Ave, to John Dee

The letters of PARAOAN are from each Watchtower. Having never worked down the hierarchies past the Seniors, I chose to set up banners and evoke the Kings only. My hope was that it would be enough to activate the tablets in order to draw out the letters of his name.

R E C O R D

9:14PM - Star Ruby. Prayer of Enoch. Banners Arranged.
9:31PM - Temple openings per Liber Chanokh: Paroketh, 2=9, 3=8, 1=10, 4=7.
9:49PM - Keys 1-6 read, including 2nd. I draw each King out of their Watchtowers.
10:07 - Invocation:

The invocation begins with visualizing each letter of Paraoan burning where I've erected the Watchtowers in my ritual space, relative to where they appear on the Great Table. I circumbabulate vibrating each letter as I rotate past each Tower. Tension builds, I stop suddenly, and sit down before my altar. Sitting still, I continue to intone PARAOAN and visualize each letter in enochian script. Roughly ten minutes pass since beginning the invocation, and my perception shifts markedly. I am quite 'out of it'. This is what I see:

Everything is burning, and the flames roar loudly. I see Hell; Earth immolated. Everything now incinerates in white heat and I see Paraoan. A great dragon, burning white with flames of every colour lapping off of him. In turn I see blue, green, orange, yellow, and red. But he burns clear, white, and hot. His size covers my entire field of view, wings vastly stretching across the whole space. This all happens in a vision, rather than in my work space. And Paraoan speaks:

All parts of the earth are mine to watch over. And so I watch over you. All is accessible through us for all is ours. You must pass through destruction to come to our Father.
His wings close, darkness falls behind them and they wrap about me. I recall the fires of Shin which burned away my impurities, leaving the essential nature of my spirit. In this case, the sheer magnitude of Paraoan terrifies me, but I am filled with enough awe that the fear falls away.

I am the beginning and the end. The cycle ends by me and so too does it begin by me.
Through this I see each letter of his name. In the first six the world burns and transforms, but on the seventh, N, the world ends. Paraoan swallows the sun and all becomes dark. Yet, this too is temporary. His name begins again and the light fills the world.

Now he kicks me out of the vision and I'm back on earth. I see the Kings in their kerubic forms more clearly than I ever have before. I write:

This is the dragon that eats time. At each N, it is as if the Universe winks, as if God winks. All is destroyed, all returns. The letters of his name are backwards for spoken forward they end in destruction.
Through this, I perceive Paraoan as a giant sun blazing over me, made of a similar metaphysical constitution as the Watchtowers. But it is intense, heavy, and bright. Stars or comets fall from it towards the earth: the apocalypse has begun. The sun 'winks' periodically, darkening for a moment before it continues to pulse.

Judgement comes, but true to our Lord you shall pass it.
10:48PM - Close with Star Ruby and widdershins circumbabulations. The sun remains over the space for the evening.

A N A L Y S I S

All very apocalyptic. I didn't really get any information I wasn't already aware of. It hit all the expected notes: fire, dragon, white, rainbow. Although more solar than I expected. His points about being everywhere jives with the letters being on every Watchtower tablet, and likely has to do with the 22nd aire's ability to send you to other aethyrs. He seems to stand over time and space. Literally appearing as the sun over the Watchtowers. The solar relationship is the most interesting part to me, right now.

In the first part of the invocation, it seems I went 'up' to him. Then I got booted to earth and perceived him above. The record is missing most of what I saw in the first part because I couldn't write fast enough. Now, other than a few flashes of infernal flames and divine flames, I pretty much can't remember what I saw.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 02:39:54 AM by pantare »

pantare

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2020, 02:44:05 AM »
I wasn't going to say it... But at the end in my notes I called him the Solar-Hadit of the earth. Take it as you will, but I'm not clinging to that.