Solstice is ready to accept pitches! Post here to get access:
https://osoaa.org/index.php/topic,22.0.html

Author Topic: Welcome to Literature Discussion!  (Read 759 times)

saltonaslug

Welcome to Literature Discussion!
« on: October 25, 2019, 02:07:42 PM »

First off, sorry for creating a category and disappearing! I was sick, far behind in grad work, and planning a kick-ass Halloween party with my spouse this weekend, so please excuse this absence. We’re back in it though! 

Second, thanks to everyone who has an interest in these threads. Please use this thread to contribute any suggestions you have to the structure/format of these posts. Lurkers feel welcome to contribute! If you have a question about some material you’re reading, there’s an awesome chance that someone else has the same question, so don’t be afraid to ask it.

Once again, please please please use this thread to give suggestions on how you would like these threads to operate, or some possible books you are looking to investigate. I’m thinking about also creating a poll so that we can determine what you guys want to go through. Also, feel free to start a thread and get the ball rolling yourself. As a general rule of thumb, when you start a thread, try to include the following-

-A brief description of what the book is about/why it interests you-what is the appeal?
-Preliminary knowledge required to appreciate the book- is it for beginners?
-Any questions you have about the material-what can others help you understand? 

-As a bonus, any supplementary material you can find that would help the student’s understanding would be greatly appreciated.

I’m super excited to start this stuff. Excited to see everyone’s contributions!